Niobium is a shiny, white, soft, ductile and paramagnetic metal, which takes on a bluish tinge when exposed to air at room temperatures for extended periods. It has a low density in comparison to other refractory metals, and it is corrosion resistant, exhibits superconductivity properties, and forms dielectric oxide layers. These properties, especially the superconductivity, are strongly dependent on the purity of the niobium metal. When very pure, it is comparatively soft and ductile, but impurities make it harder.
1. Niobium ingot, billet, and slab
2. Niobium plate, sheet, foil, strip, ribbon Standards: ASTM B393, R04200, R04210, R04251, R04261 Size Available: Thick 0.02mm min * wide 1200mm max * long 2500mm max
3. Niobium round rod, rectangular bar Standards: ASTM B392, R04200, R04210, R04251, R04261 Size available: Outer Diameter 3mm ~ 350mm * Long 6000mm max
4. Niobium wire Standards: Standards: ASTM B392, R04200, R04210, R04251, R04261 Size Available: Dia 0.1mm min * Length in coil
5. Niobium tube, pipe Standards: ASTM B394, R04200, R04210, R04251, R04261 For seamless, size available: OD 4-115mm * Wall thick 0.2~8mm * Long 9000mm max For welded, size available: OD 80~ 650mm * Wall thick 1 ~ 10mm * Long 6000 max
6. Niobium forgings and castings
7. Featured Niobium alloys & cermets
Niobium- Titanium Alloy ( TiNb alloy, NiTi alloy) Keywords: TiNb alloy, NiTi alloy, superconducting, ASTM B884 Niobium-titanium (NbTi) is an alloy of niobium and 44% ~ 48% titanium, which is used industrially for superconducting applications.
Nb-1Zr (Niobium-1%Zirconium) Keywords: R04251, R04261 Alloying niobium with 1% zirconium greatly improved the creep strength over the soft pure niobium and decreases slightly its elongation. The increased strength is very advantageous especially at temperatures above 600 ° C.
Due to its low thermal nuclear capture cross-section properties, the Nb-1Zr alloy has been closely associated with the nuclear industry, which requires specified elevated temperature strength in the range of 1800° F to 2200° F.